How to Find Products to Sell on Amazon in 2021 for Free?
Table of Content
- 1 A brief intro into finding products to sell on Amazon
- 1.1 Do you need help from marketers, do you need an in-house team?
- 1.2 Ok, where to find products to sell on Amazon?
- 1.3 Characteristics of a Good Amazon Product
- 1.3.1 There are eight smooth characteristics of the right product. Here they are:
- 1.3.2 Think twice about product to sell on Amazon
- 1.3.3 Look at the expensive products side
- 1.3.4 Start small
- 1.3.5 Start to build a brand
- 1.3.6 Profit Whales criteria to choose your first product to sell on Amazon
- 1.4 Brainstorming Methods to Find Product
- 1.4.1 Passions, Interest, Hobbies & Problems
- 1.4.2 Trend hunting, coolhunting, and trend spotting
- 1.4.3 Here the list of the URLs for tracking the products that just started to sell:
- 1.4.4 For tracking the products that have just started or are already running, you may use these URLs:
- 1.5 Category Analysis on Amazon. What exactly should you pay attention to?
- 1.6 How to order the first samples from your potential suppliers?
- 1.7 How to order your first shipment to Amazon?
- 1.8 Amazon policies any seller should know about.
- 1.9 In conclusion: questions you have to find the answers
A brief intro into finding products to sell on Amazon
Finding products to sell on Amazon Isn’t as complicated as you may think, but it will take time – a significant part of your time. Actually, this is the most critical part of starting a business. You are choosing the source of your profit so, it is hard to precise how much time and attention you’ll pay for its promotion and sale. Let’s start with advice — do not choose something you don’t like to sell.
Maybe this first stage would be your final stage. This could be unfortunate news for you on the one hand and very good on the other. Very sad, because most people get stuck looking for the “perfect product” and never get started at all, and you can be one of them with a considerable probability. And it is terrific also because if you do everything right, you’ll have limited competition.
If I stepped into your shoes, I would set aside a month for this and for two or three hours a day. It could be done for free by yourself, but it depends on how much your time is worth.
If you decided to hire a freelancer, nobody tells you precisely, but I don’t think that it’s more than $ 50 per position in the pricelist. However, I don’t recommend you outsource it to someone.
It would seem that the most trouble begins – the search for products, suppliers, ordering samples — but in fact, it is not so complicated.
Have fun, this is a funky business!
Amazon will tell you how to register an account, how to order your first shipment. You can use their services and don’t bang your head against that pain wall all day. You can easily take documentation, any certificates from the factory if you need it.
Do you eager guarantees, licenses in the USA?
Just buy them. We are living in the 21 century when the digital Deux ex Machina (god from the machine) solves any issue.
Despite all of these digital candies, the biggest problem is how to make this business profitable. You have to be focused and concentrated on this idea only. Maybe not only, but most of all — we are not playing games here.
Delivery issues are straightforward and could be solved in a minute. Just search online, choose a global or local forwarder, learn reviews, check certificates, and make logistics. Do it yourself or hire a forwarder- as previous — depends on your skills and worth of time.
Do you need help from marketers, do you need an in-house team?
It would be rational to do raw marketing research by yourself and to hire professionals to confirm or refute your findings. Don’t hesitate to ask specialists. A lot of them would be happy to help you for free. The in-house team has to be busy with a fulltime job. If you are not sure that you have such job volume — specialists can be an answer, but not a cheap one.
Thus, If you want to start and taste entrepreneurship by selling on Amazon, you can do it. You can prepare everything and start it safely. If you are busy with a full-time job, do it in your free time. Otherwise, devote all working hours!
It will be ideal if you can do the groundwork by yourself. This is great for two reasons. Firstly, you’ll keep the money for mentoring. Secondly, you’ll be the real professional in your business. You have to agree this is worth it.
Mentoring is a kind of specialized professional education. You are finding and hiring the Mentor who will teach you all he knows to avoid various issues you even don’t think is possible.
I would find someone who already successfully sells, who can help all the steps. Sure, you can hold hands and sing “Kumbaya” together, but even one piece of advice from him can be priceless.
How to find such a mentor? — Hang out in the community.
This is a Facebook group, Reddit, Linkedin, but best of all is a conference. A huge number of conferences happening around the world monthly. Even easier to find — is to become a partner with someone who has the experience, knowledge, but you have money. Undoubtedly in this situation, you invest a little more- much more, but who knows — this is normal. Sure, you can promise him your daughter to marry him, but anyway, he should have an interest in working with you (e.g., finance).
Ok, where to find products to sell on Amazon?
“Don’t dive in a niche where millions live. Mainstream is the death of the novice.”(c) Me, smart guy and Amazon Seller.
Your ancestors — when tried to find the best products for their store – were guided by the current situation in the local area. It was a reasonable approach taking into consideration that their customers lived in a circle of the 10 miles radius. Most likely, their decision was based on the empiric experience — “I know that hardware is a great thing. They are always needed. I will trade in hardware.” – Your great grandfather would say, and the new hardware store would appear in town.
But times have been changed, and you can’t be just a local seller if you decide to do business on Amazon.
So you go to look for software, and no doubt will avoid using the following applications, or something like that: Jungle Scout, Helium 10, Viral Launch, etc. It’s nothing wrong if you’ll use them. Like thousands of people before, you will see the same products, and like the thousands of people back, you can make the same mistake – you can dive in the oversaturated niche of these products.
So, if you decide to choose the products from these programs, you have to choose a product that is in high demand but with low competition.
Characteristics of a Good Amazon Product
There are eight smooth characteristics of the right product. Here they are:
- This product has a Middle Retail price between $25 – $50
It’s ok for you – you can easily cover direct costs like Amazon’s fees, cost of products sold, and advertising costs. It’s suitable for your customers – the price is under the first psychological barrier of $50. Funny, but it’s still true that if your product price is raised higher than $50, your conversion rate will drop dramatically.
- This product does not depend on seasonality.
The seasonal products are the dead weight most of the time of the year. I would not recommend dealing with seasonal products if they are not super fashionable or super exclusive, and you are sure to get rid of them in a short time. In other words, if you are not a super seller on Amazon, aren’t you?
- This product has to have no more than 200 reviews for the top sellers. But if they are less than 100, it would be excellent! The most important thing is, so competitors with relatively small amounts of reviews have the same sales as the sellers with a high amount of reviews.
- This product is not big. Ideally, it can be fitted in a shoebox and is lightweight enough to be sent by Air.
- This product can be improved in comparison to your competitor’s products. It means that you can create the advanced, enhanced, and upgraded versions of your undoubtedly, perfect product. Just check your competitor’s product reviews and draw conclusions.
- This product is simple to manufacture.
- There is no Brand that dominates the market.
- There is less than 50% of listing running sold by Amazon.
It will help you to avoid quality control or manufacturing challenges. Also, try not to deal with glass, electronics, or highly complex products if it is possible.
⚠️ And the most important thing you have to remember:
This is just a tip to choose your first product to sell on Amazon.
But in my humble opinion, it would be ideal to use this list as a backbone and flourish it with the knowledge from the blogs, top ten charts, and articles. Everybody writes about Amazon! Like me, for example. You can find a lot much priceless info which will help you to avoid many problems and mistakes. Oh, my! If I was in your shoes, I would open the good old Amazon Best Seller List and rummage through the categories. Also, you can use Ahrefs, Buzzsumo, for this purpose. Don’t hesitate to use any opportunity that is not obvious.
A few years ago, there was a case when the seller went into the niche of teapots with a unique product at that time. His teapots had double glass surfaces like a thermos flask. The first thing he came across is that the photo on a white background as a prime picture was not descriptive enough.
Thus, the buyer can’t understand that this product is different than others on the market. After manipulating the image, the first sales went, and together with them, the first bad reviews. The point was that everybody started to wash glass kettles in the dishwasher. And the smallest microcrack led to the crumble of the teapot.
So, keep in touch with your customers and actively check product descriptions. It may help you to prevent a catastrophe.
In general, you need to determine the criteria that your product should meet from the very beginning. And you can safely go to the freelance platform and feel free to give it to another person who will keep searching.
Think twice about product to sell on Amazon
Try to avoid cheap products. Or better to say just forget about them at all. The lousiest way to start is to start with cheap goods. Thousands of people enter the market, and thousands fly out. All 100% with no exception. You’ll be lacking money to pay PPC, fees, additional costs. You’ll be stuck with the massive competition and likely will lose everything.
Look at the expensive products side
The very first advantage of this way is the limitation of competitors’ quantity. It is expensive to purchase, the number of inexperienced and small sellers is less because the entrance to the market is more complicated. The retail price should be $25+.
The first thing that comes to mind is the production and sale of high technology goods. You should choose a completely different approach if you decide to sell technological products. It’s very cool, but you need to have the expertise to create such a kind of production.
Also, you need to think about having a PrepCenter in the USA, because there will be more returns than in any other niche. This is electronics stuff and its breaks. Your PrepCenter has to provide the following functions: delivery, repacking, consolidation, inspection, repackaging, labeling. The returning products must be received back, repaired, or repacked and sent again or disposed of.
The same story with clothing. Despite its extreme attractiveness, you have to establish or hire PrepCenter in the USA.
For the first batch, do not choose anything technologically advanced. Who wants to drown in all of these sorts of certifications, licenses, etc. which are involved there? Try to select that kind of product which inspires you, quite expensive, familiar to you, and don’t need additional permits. Step by step, your ideal Amazon product formula will be crystallized, and you’ll make a decision. The right decision!
As a reasonable businessman, you should be sure to pay attention to the fee from Amazon. The Amazon calculator has been created to simplify this process. You can find them on the following URL 👇
Start to build a brand
This is a very voluminous question, and let me mention the main points here:
- Start to monitoring, researching, analyzing your target audience and your competitors;
- Create your idea, approach, and personality;
- Create your business name;
- Create your slogan;
- Create the look of your brand;
- Create your logo;
- Implement your brand across your business.
One of my clients has started to sell towels for children, in bright cool packaging. No matter how he tried and promoted sales, nothing happened, nobody wanted to buy. He had constant contact with the focus group, but they were happy to use his product without any objections.
I suggested changing the packing color. Then we have created two variants with different packing colors and conducted an A/B testing. Later we received 2000 feedback. After analyzing the answers, we realized that the point was in color, as I assumed.
The children’s towels usually buy as a gift for the couples, who are waiting for the birth of children. And most of the buyers had no clue about the gender of the newborn.
That’s why the white color was preferable as it is gender-neutral for newborns. Color has decided everything. Thus, don’t hesitate to use any traditional marketing research and do not get hung up on your own opinion only.
I think the backbone of the successful business is the approach, attitude, and value, which is your business carry. If you deal with these key concepts, everything will work out.
Profit Whales criteria to choose your first product to sell on Amazon
In brief, the criteria we created and do follow in PROFIT WHALES are simple and easy to understand.
I hope you’ll consider them useful. So, ideally:
- The product has to be simple and won’t break easily. But if you have significant expertise and you are ready to serve any unexpected returns and repairs – welcome to the electronics retail on Amazon!
- The product has to be relatively inexpensive in production, depending on your budget.
- The product has to be exciting and fascinating for you.
- The product has to stand out some way in the market. Do whatever you want, but a unique product offer is always in high demand.
- The price of the product has to be more than $25, and the profit margin has to be nearly 30-50%
- Think about your brand, your next products, the market, and the niche you want to get into. Think big!
- Be focused on the target audience. Think twice what do your customers need? Invest some budget in researching your clients.
- Decide on seasonal products. Weigh the pros and cons: low competition, seasonality, production, margin, logistics, etc.
- Think about reviews. Studying your product is whether it belongs to review sensitive niche or not. Weigh the pros and cons, estimate your abilities.
Brainstorming Methods to Find Product
Actually, the hunt for the product on Amazon is a kind of art. You may spend hundreds of hours defining products to sell, but the solution you find will be where you didn’t even think. You should look wider, involving all your life experience and expertise in the various areas you have.
Passions, Interest, Hobbies & Problems
We are regularly facing up with examples when our clients use their occupation to find a product niche. It’s clear, they understand the secrets, tricks, features, and, naturally, all working well, and business grows dynamically.
But also, the hobby, interests, and passions are playing the same role. I remember guys who were passionate about RC sailboats. They knew everything about jibs, sails, hulls, remote controls, etc. literally. But they tried to start selling linens. Linens, gentlemen!
After hours of exhausting negotiations, I asked them what do they prefer to do in their free time.
– RC yachting! – they said.
Finally, they decided to sell RCYachts kits. It turned out to be a fantastic idea for those guys:
- They had vast expertise in this area;
- They knew exactly how a product has to be looked;
- The price of their product was more than $35.
And most important, they were excited to sell the goods they do love.
Don’t hesitate to use your imagination, passion, and hobbies. You’ll get much more if you love the job you do.
The same is about the problems you solved. You should remember that you are a unique person with a unique experience in problem-solving. Use your expertise to create a unique product for sale. Maybe you’ll steal the show, and it will be your mission, who knows.
If you want to know, the guys, from the example above, became one of the most successful sellers on Amazon.
Trend hunting, coolhunting, and trend spotting
The other beneficial and fruitful way to find your wonder-product-to-sale is trend hunting -coolhunting – or trend spotting. This subset of trend analysis would help you to catch your luck. The traditional way, which is presumed to hire a specialist, still has the right to live, but you can try it yourself using a few software. This funny way can help to open wide possibilities for your activity.
Actually, this software is dedicated to make link building and promote the web pages on the search query. But you can use it for your purpose.
The algorithm is very simple.
- Find the big publishers in your space and pop their domain into Ahrefs’ site explorer;
- Define the biggest publishers in your area and drop their domains into Ahrefs’ site explorer;
- Check on their outgoing links;
- Sort the linked domains to find out how many of them are related to Amazon;
- Learn them thoroughly. Find out the anchor text to define the products which they linked to;
- Keep analyzing the products – their price, seasonally, and popularity.
For example, you found out that some of the publishers have a massive amount of links to the Amazon listing with “Best Sunglasses for Jogging.” These sunglasses cost nearly $200, which means that there is a significant margin for the publisher fee. So, most likely, the “Best Sunglasses for Jogging” is in trend, and it’s seasonal, and you have to think thoroughly about choosing the product like that.
Terrific! I love a job like that. I feel like the CIA analyst who is hunting for KGB agents. This is really exciting!
Amazon guys use a relatively limited pool of software to search. Capturing a trend at the growth stage is an excellent start to trading on Amazon, but there is no guarantee that it will be long-lasting. A good example can be a spinner – there was a trend, someone noticed and became a millionaire, and this trend was too short. But with any luck, nothing would prevent you from jumping on the bandwagon.
So, the Ahrefs will help you track trends, fashion, popularity, delve into blogs, discussions, and make the right choice. Using Ahrefs, you can earn good money on trends and seasonal sales, which would be quite tricky without its help.
Google Trends is a perfect tool to find trends in a wide range of products. As for me, I’d like to suggest using it to define the area of products probably interesting for selling.
Google Trends has a history of trends based on which you can predict the popularity of one or another product. You can save a lot of money, moreover, get some extra money using the Google Trends info.
Affiliate marketing would be an excellent choice for starting trading on Amazon. It will allow you to make money together with trending products and your production. Smart move.
This is just a very convenient platform to search for actual content, which is performing best for the moment. Plus, it is shareware.
You can track statistics, trends with the help of infographics. A paid subscription is required, but there are also free statistics for previous years. It will be enough to then go more in-depth with the help of other resources. You can use it to define the research direction.
Just, for example, check what kind of info you can get for free if you decided to sell wireless headphones.
This is Aladdin’s cave for the analysts. Enough to draw conclusions and build a strategy. Enough to conclude and develop a plan. And there is a lot of the same on this resource, sit, analyze, and dig deeper!
Kickstarter’s Trending Products, TrendHunter’s Pro-Consumer Insights – these places online can inspire the choice or creation of some bestsellers on Amazon. Don’t buy anything here, scroll down and look around. Remember, you are here to be inspired only by trends. The main feature of the crowdfunding platforms, like Kickstarter, is to introduce the original, often high-end products, independently and passionately made by an individual or a team. With ease, you can determine how popular a particular idea is and can lead to the trend. Modify it, and perhaps your product will appear on the top of the Amazon charts soon.
Product Inspiration Sites
As soon as you get the answer who is your target audience, get them in their habitat- YouTube, Instagram, Facebook. Gather your audience before launch. Remember, you need to understand where they hang out on Social Media? What do they look for online and what kind of Social Media they prefer?
Don’t hesitate to check Reddit, Quora, Yahoo Answers, other types of Questions\Answers sites. This is where you will share useful content and receive feedback on how to improve the product and create a waitlist for receiving feedback. You need to delve into the reviews, for this may be the biggest stumbling block. You should master their slang, learn to speak like them, understand their motives. Then you can predict their preferences.
Pinterest is a Social Media that is very responsive to changing trends. It is also an excellent source for brainstorming inspiration. You have to try searching high-level terms like ‘survival gear’ or ‘men’s beauty products’ etc.
Another perfect hunting grounds are product review and discovery sites. Uncrate – men’s products – and AHALife – luxury products – are precise tools to check the new curated product trends daily.
Make a habit of starting the day by getting a daily glimpse into the new and perspective products other sellers are bringing to the market.
There are thousands. Here just a little list of popular consumer product blogs to get you started:
Spying on Other Sellers
It’s ok. It’s normal to poke your nose into the affairs of competitors. So, the next your daily activity has to be browsing.
Get used to scrolling all. Browse Amazon listings, any of all available categories, subcategories, review pages, discussion, etc.
Here the list of the URLs for tracking the products that just started to sell:
For tracking the products that have just started or are already running, you may use these URLs:
Anyway, at any given moment, you can ask: ‘Google, show me the list of the trend-spotting websites,’ and you get many more URLs than I gave you already.
Category Analysis on Amazon. What exactly should you pay attention to?
Gone are the days when you spent a minute placing your product to the category it belonged to. Today you have to study and analyze the whole stack of Amazon categories because it is essential.
It will give you an idea of whether your product is suitable, is it have enough of the resources to enter this niche. Use software such as Jungle Scout, Viral Launch, and it’s better to use several at the same time since the statistics that you get from them will be slightly different. As usual, ‘The Truth Is Out There‘ (c) But 90% of sellers and 100% of losers use only one software, and that’s it.
This is not your piece of cake, and like a good boy, you should always use a minimum of two software tools simultaneously to define the real data. It should be your routine behavior to act like this.
There are many ways to analyze a niche. Here some of them:
1. You need to start by analyzing the social networks of the niche, as I told you above. Check if there is any content there? Something exciting, something useful? Feel an audience. Is anybody out there at all? Since there are such products and niches where there is no audience, it will be quite difficult to work there. As a result, you have no clue what to do, where to go, and what to look for, opinion leaders may not exist. You may start to create the community, but this is the massive piece of work
2. You have to check the social media activity concerning this niche. You have to collect the information on how to improve the product there. Moreover, it is possible to find a new idea to implement in your product.
3. Reviews which you should study.
- 1-2 stars -Customers who are not satisfied. You can find something useful, but mostly a little constructive.
- 3-4 stars – That point that the people put 3-4 stars describes them as the detail-oriented people. And if they write that some things are good and some things are bad, you would better listen to them. They are thinking about what they said and how to improve this product, they are not indifferent. Also, they are more constructive than unsatisfied customers. Read their comments carefully. Perhaps, you will find a pearl – some characteristics that will help you improve your product.
- 5 stars – It would be useful to create patterns of customer behavior. You can draw up the table with positive features repeated continuously. Based on it, you can define which is good and which is bad, what exactly should be better to change. It would help to accentuate attention to the significant points
Also, you have to be ready to face the rooted niches with 1000 + reviews. There is only one way to win – you need to enter such niches with a unique product and external traffic right at the initial stage.
Pay special attention to products whose review has an average rating – all reviews 4.0 – 4.5. These are sophisticated products with a large number of returns. You can enter such niches with corrected products. It will be very difficult to compete in a pure review 4-4.4 rating.
4. Monthly Sales / Sales Distribution Analysis.
This is an excellent way to look at the volume of the market. For example, the seller in 3rd place of the top 5 in the niche sells 300 units with 1000 reviews. If you would like to sell as much, you understand that you need 1000 reviews.
So you can conclude that this is a highly competitive niche. The point is that the dream of most sellers on Amazon is to find a low-competitive niche. And it is possible, keep trying.
This is a note for your future self which is important. Once you find a niche and product you are confident in, it’s important to use an Amazon Sales Tracker to track and monitor your daily, weekly, monthly progress. Amazon provides basic tools and data, but you’ll come to a point where you need detailed breakdowns of your sales by SKU or ASIN in order to stay ahead of the competition.
5. Growth in sales and reviews.
It is essential to watch the annual growth of sales and reviews – this gives an understanding of the growth rate. For example, people leaving a lot of reviews means that people are highly attached to a niche. The product can take off at the beginning but quickly fade away in bulk. You can easily track this with the help of annual growth data.
- Always browse open Databases to understand what volumes your competitors trade, which parties are delivered in what period. It would help you to see a full picture of the market conditions.
One of them is a real King Solomon’s Mines: https://www.usaimportdata.com/
6. The very same products are only different by brand.
This is the other trap of the novice Amazon seller. Try to create a unique product with the original design. Your merchandise has to stand out, and not look like the same product but with another label.
- Pay attention to the trends in recent years. One of the most important of them is that the brand ceases to be weighty arguments. Private Label sellers are in no way inferior to large brands. Don’t be afraid to buy from both.
- Packaging and sizes. The fee depends on Amazon. You have to add it to the Amazon calculator I told you above.
- Price. It would be quite useful if they will not too much correlate with others in a niche. Anyway, the cheap products will be slightly higher in any case, plus you will face the threat of Chinese manufacturers – sellers who charge at a low price and in large volumes. But if you can build your brand, then these people will not be a big problem.
I have to say about other obstacles: trademarks, intellectual property, copyrights, etc. This is a critical point, since the product that you want to sell and promote may not be possible to sell precisely because of a patent that does not belong to you. Better give this job to a lawyer, taking into consideration that all business existence depends on it.
How to order the first samples from your potential suppliers?
So, here the point, finally you decided what kind of product you want to sell and collect some pool of manufacturers. Now you have to choose the best one. You need to get samples to test them and realize which one is the best based on price/quality ratio.
First of all, send a message to the product supplier/manufacturer requesting more information about the product.
I would recommend asking the following:
- How does the quantity of products in a batch affect the price of one unit? When I order 500 units, will the cost be changed?
- What is the minimal quantity of the units in a batch?
- Could the product supplier/manufacturer send me a sample to your location? If so, how much does it cost?
- What payment terms and methods do they accept?
- Is it possible to customize this product in their production facilities?
Typically, I reach out to 3-5 suppliers for a product. From each of these suppliers, I order a sample of the product. But you may ask five, ten, as much as you see fit. In any case, the more manufacturers contact you, the better you study the industry.
How to order your first shipment to Amazon?
When you are ready to ship your products to Amazon, you start by creating a delivery plan. The delivery plan defines:
And here the moment has come, you think you are ready, and you are starting to create a delivering plan. When I was to sell on Amazon, this point was one of the scariest for me. I was exceedingly afraid to forget something critical and lose the money I paid for the shipment. You don’t have to be afraid. This process is very simple, routine, and looks scary for the first time only. Just be focused, follow the list, and everything will be ok.
So, the delivery plan defines the following points:
- the products, you want to ship to Amazon;
- the quantity of each unit of product;
- the chosen shipping method and carrier Details;
- who, you or Amazon will prep and label your products.
Then you are moving to the creation of a delivery plan.
The process of the creation delivery plan described in detail on Amazon that it would be just a waste of time to try to explain it’s better than Amazon.
Thus I would recommend learning this article thoroughly. Moving step by step, you will create your first delivery plan without any issues.
Also, I would like to add that it is better to use DHL as a moving company – their undoubted advantages are that they deliver directly to Amazon, and you’ll get the ability to test the market quickly.
Amazon policies any seller should know about.
Yes, I know, you are the guy who is always reading any policies you find online from cover to cover. So, I don’t need to underline the necessity to follow the Amazon rules strictly. But even If it would be correct I must remind you:
There are a few rules you have to follow at any given moment.
Product Listing Rule Violations
- It is strictly prohibited to use the “Create a Product” link for products that already exist. It is leading to the creation of duplicate products within Amazon’s catalog.
- It is not allowed to use the item description to cross-promote other items. If you describe diapers, you are not allowed to use the leftover space for advertising cosmetics, for example. Otherwise, this is a violation of Amazon rules.
- It is forbidden to leave any contacts in the description of your product. You can’t leave physical addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and website addresses. Otherwise, your ASIN can be suspended.
- Phrases like: ‘If you like this item, leave a positive feedback/review to show support!’ Into the description is banned too. Amazon considers this to be a manipulation of the feedback system and prohibits them also.
Amazon Policies of bundling
You can offer the bundles for your customers because it is convenient for both sides.
For this purpose, you can move multiple items in one sale, and your customers can purchase things that go together without shopping around. Bundles can be created from the items which are complementing each other.
Also, the Bundles you complete must be under one category. As a rule into that category to which the highest-priced item in the bundle falls under.
Amazon must review all Bundles, and the bundle policy violation can be the reason to account suspension.
Bundle Policy Rules of Amazon
- Multiples selling the same items is not a bundle.
- If you are selling multiples of the same item, this is not considered a bundle. But if your listings are simply a multipack, they will be removed and will lead to a suspension if violation would be repeated continually.
- You should call any bundle directly, and their titles must include the word “bundle” and the number of items in it.
- You must be sure to use the word “bundle” in the title of your bundles.
- You must show precisely all of the items included in the bundle on its primary image.
- For each new bundle, you must create a Universal Product Code (UPS). It is forbidden to use the UPC of 1 item in the bundle to represent the entire bundle.
Operating Multiple Amazon Seller Accounts Rules
Most likely, you ‘ll never use these rules because the using multiple Amazon Seller accounts has no reason mostly. There is no necessity to create a second account when you can sell in various categories.
But if you really need this, contact Amazon support about opening a new account. You have to be sure that your original account is highly rated in customer feedback and in good standing with Amazon. For the new Seller account, you must follow these rules:
- you must have a separate email address and bank account;
- your second account must not overlap in products and services sold through web stores.
So, you see, there is nothing complicated in these reasonable rules. By following them, you will open the opportunity of making money on one of the biggest marketplaces online.
But there are Amazon fees you have to pay when you become an Amazon seller. Let’s check them in the next chapter.
Amazon Fees you must pay as the Amazon seller.
Monthly Seller Fee – this is the payment for access to one of the biggest marketplace online, and it is $39.99 monthly for professional sellers and $0.99 per sale for individual sellers.
Referral Fees – it may vary depending on product size, category, etc. but in common, it is nearly 15% of the product’s sale price.
Returns Processing Fees – if your buyer is not satisfied, you have to pay. And Amazon will charge you for the processing returns in particular categories.
Stock Removal Fees – this is a fee that FBA sellers have to pay if they want Amazon to send back or dispose of their unsold stock.
Inventory Placement Fees – a fee for the FBA sellers who want to get more control over which Amazon fulfillment centers their inventory ships. This can be justified if you’re going to expedite the delivery of your goods.
FBA Export Fees – for some reason, from time to time, for international shipping Amazon charges export-fees.
Pick and Pack Fees – these are the fees for the picking, packing, and processing your products. It ranges from $2.41 to The US for a small product and can increase in time for larger and oversized goods.
Monthly Storage Inventory Fees – the fees you have to pay if you hire Amazon’s warehouses to store your inventory. Considering the volume you use, you’ll be charged monthly.
In conclusion: questions you have to find the answers
Amazon Business is not complicated. Without significant problems, you can start on this platform and get good results – earn good money and establish an excellent brand. I prepared a list of questions; the answers to them will help you to understand you are ready to dive into the exciting world of Amazon.
- Who will buy your product? Who is your target audience?
- Is there a passionate community about this product?
- Where is your Target Audience live on the net?
- What is your product’s Unique Selling Proposition?
- Does your product look better than the other?
- Is this product fragile or hazardous to ship?
- Can you bring some new trends in the niche?
- How will you promote the product?
- How will you grow your brand?
- What is the monthly sell’s volume you may get?
- Who is selling in your category?
- What prices are they charging? Are they too low to compete or make a profit?
- How many items are your competitors selling a day?
- Does Amazon retail already sell your item?
- Does your project comply with Amazon rules?
- Will you handle buying new shipments if your product will go smoothly?
And for the end:
- Does your project rely on three pillars from Profit Whales?
(Start small, smart choice, prepared target audience)
We like that you read a lot!
This Blog Post is for Profit Whales members only. Unlock the rest of this page: