What is Geo Ranking on Amazon?
Table of Content
- 1 Who am I?
- 2 Okay! Let’s start…
- 3 Search, Find, Buy strategy
- 4 Amazon A10 Algorithm Hacks
- 5 Let’s talk about the Amazon SERP Algorithm
- 6 What is Geo Ranking?
- 7 What can you do with this data?
Amazon in 2020 is not the Amazon of 2013. These days things are getting harder and harder. I love to see how sellers are crafting a new way to hack the algorithm, so they can achieve successIhor Dubovetskyi
Who am I?
My name is Ihor. I’ve been selling on Amazon for over 4 years, and I’m the CEO of Amazon Advertising Automation Software. My mission is to help at least 1,000 Amazon sellers achieve success on Amazon and further their business.
Okay! Let’s start…
Your success on Amazon depends on how well you can rank your keywords. You can use Amazon PPC for the launch and scale phase of your business. However, CPC has raised for the past year, so you can’t rely on PPC itself. PPC will support and boost your sales, but first, let’s rank the product. 😉
It’s almost impossible to find unsaturated niches nowadays. You need to master a few things to succeed on Amazon:
I see a lot of people jumping into this FBA game with closed eyes thinking that they can just send the inventory and BOOM! You are getting the money transferred to your bank account…hell NO!
It takes at least 3 months to get to the break-even point as you get your first reviews, ranking keywords, etc.Oleksandr Nyezhnyk
Oh yeah..we were talking about ranking.
I’m selling on Amazon for over 4 years now. I still don’t know a better way to rank your products besides PPC + FB chatbot using the Search, Find, Buy strategy.
Yes, you can do giveaways, but this strategy no longer works. That’s why sellers have evolved and created new ways to rank the products.
Let’s talk about this fancy Search, Find, Buy strategy.
Search, Find, Buy strategy
1) The main point is to run Facebook ads to attract potential buyers. The ad must be something like, “WIN THIS PRODUCT FOR FREE – Claim your offer now.”
2) To automate this, you have to use ManyChat chatbot. You can find ready-to-use templates on the web.
3) After the sale, you need to rebate the customer via PayPal. That’s the difference between giveaways and full rebate sales. Amazon loves full-price sales and gives you more ranking power.
So, what happens when the buyer searches for your product with a specific keyword and buys it? That’s right. It boosts your keyword ranking. Everything depends on the budget you can invest in this system.
I would love to share with you a few hacks on how to get more ranking power from Amazon, which ultimately equals more SALES for you.
Amazon A10 Algorithm Hacks
HACK 1 — get ranking power for your keywords
Let’s imagine you are selling a Dash Cam.
- Get the potential customer to search for keyword: dash cam
- Ask them to add your product to the cart but don’t buy
- Get the customer to search another keyword: car accessories
- Then ask your potential buyer to buy the product
The best thing about this strategy is that you’ll get rank power for both keywords.
Use redirect links from domains with authority to Amazon.
For example: Send buyers YouTube video links with a redirect to your Amazon listing. Amazon loves traffic from high authority domains like Youtube and Pinterest. I recommend you experiment with different websites and compare the results.
Two hacks are enough. 😊
HACK 3 — get sales from the states where you have a lot of inventory
Get sales from the states where you have a lot of inventory. Use external marketing for certain regions (you have more inventory, weaker rank for a competitor, etc.). That’s called the GEO ranking.
Recently I found these guys: AMZJET. They allow you to track your keywords among all 50 states. You can leverage the data from the software to drive external traffic to specific states. Ranking from one state can spillover into nearby states to bolster your total rank.
HACK 4 — Send more inventory than you usually do
Send more inventory to Amazon than you usually send. I guarantee you’ll get more sales. Why? Because it’s a significant chance that your product will be closer to the customer shipping location. Amazon loves it because they save a lot of money on shipping. This is also very good for the environment as it reduces pollution from multiple trips.
Let’s talk about the Amazon SERP Algorithm
100+ Amazon ranking factors influenced
Here are the top factors:
* Regional rank is affected by factors that are rarely discussed. The two factors mentioned are shipping speed and inventory availability. Geo-rank is also affected by many others such as local product-market fit and regional audience fit.
Amazon in 2020 is not the Amazon of 2013. These days things are getting interesting. I love seeing how sellers craft new ways to hack the algorithm, so they can achieve success.
What is Geo Ranking?
At the end of summer 2019, Amazon shifted from A9 to A10 algorithm. One of the biggest changes was the GEO ranking. That means that your product rank is affected by the location of where the Amazon customer is searching from. I love this change. It means that you need to go deeper into your product research phase and even target specific US states. That’s definitely a game-changer.
I’m waiting for the day when Amazon allows us to send the inventory to specific states we choose.
What can you do with this data?
That’s the right question.
– Send more inventory to prevent stockouts and to sneak sales away from top competitors with regional inventory drops
– Use this Amazon fulfillment report to see where your inventory is and how much. Seller Central -> Reports -> Inventory -> Fulfillment -> Daily Inventory History
– Look at this report to see which fulfillment center your product is being shipped out from when being sold. Look under the column fulfillment-center-ID. Seller Central -> Reports -> Sales -> Amazon Fulfilled Shipments.
– Optimize your listing to be more conscious of regional differences and put words relevant to the psychology and behavior of your ideal customer. Think about the main differences across states/regions and if your volume of sales in one of those regions warrants that you speak to that audience more than using generalist content for everybody.
ON AMAZON MARKETING
– Use Amazon DSP ads to target regions. Now you can already target different locations in the US. This one is an on-Amazon platform for off-Amazon strategy.
OFF AMAZON MARKETING
– Target specific states when you launch with Facebook and Google Ads
– Either go for your lowest-ranked states or your highest-ranked states, don’t do nationwide targeting. Go after states that have related keywords/ASINs with top competitors containing weak states. These are the smallest rank gaps you can try to catch up in.
The interesting takeaway is that now you can say that you ranked #1 for your keyword. However, you may come to realize that ranking #1 in some U.S. states doesn’t mean you’re ranking #1 in all of them overall. You could be ranking #1 in the majority of states but #2 in the rest of them. This ultimately means that all #1 ranks are not created equal.
Hope you found this article helpful and actionable.
💥 P.S. What topic would you like me to write about? I’ll be more than happy to share all my secret knowledge with you.
We like that you read a lot!
This Blog Post is for Profit Whales members only. Unlock the rest of this page: